Article 1 (Personal Information)
Personal information” refers to “personal information” as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, and refers to information about a living individual that can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions, etc., contained in the information, as well as information that can identify the specific individual from the information itself (personal identification information) such as appearance, fingerprint, voice print data, and health insurance policy holder number on the health insurance card.
Article 2 (Method of Collecting Personal Information)
We may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number when a customer registers for use. In addition, transaction records and payment information, including personal information, between you and our business partners may be shared with our business partners (including information providers, advertisers, and advertisement distributors, etc.; hereinafter referred to as “business partners”). Hereinafter referred to as “partners”). We may also collect transaction records and payment information, including personal information, between you and our business partners.
Article 3 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows
- To provide and operate our services
- To respond to inquiries from customers (including to confirm the identity of the customer)
- To send you information on new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the service you are using, as well as information on other services provided by the Company.
- To contact customers as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
- To identify customers who violate the Terms of Service or who attempt to use the service for fraudulent or unfair purposes, and to refuse their use of the service.
- To allow customers to view, change, or delete their own registration information, or to view the status of their use of the service.
- To bill customers for paid services.
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- We will change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably deemed that the purpose of use is relevant to the purpose of use before the change.
- In the event of a change in the purpose of use, the Company shall notify the customer or publicly announce on this website the purpose of use after the change by the method prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- We will not provide personal information to third parties without prior consent of the customer, except in the following cases. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- When it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When we have notified or announced the following matters in advance, and when we have notified the Personal Information Protection Committee
- The purpose of use shall include provision to third parties
- Data items to be provided to third parties
- Means or method of provision to third parties
- Cessation of provision of personal information to third parties at the request of the individual
- Method of accepting the request of the person in question
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the recipient of such information shall not fall under the category of a third party.
- When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons
- When personal information is used jointly with a specific person, and the Company notifies the person in advance or makes the information readily accessible to the person in advance to that effect, the items of personal information jointly used, the scope of joint use, the purpose of use by the person using the information, and the name of the person responsible for the management of the personal information The items of personal information, the scope of joint users, the purpose of use by the user, and the name of the person responsible for managing the personal information
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- When we receive a request for disclosure of personal information from the person concerned, we will disclose it to the person concerned without delay. However, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the information if disclosure would fall under any of the following cases, and if we decide not to disclose the information, we will notify you to that effect without delay.
- If there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person concerned or a third party
- If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper conduct of our business
- In case of violation of other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, the Company will not disclose non-personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If the customer’s personal information held by the Company is incorrect, the customer may request the Company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correct, etc.”) the personal information through a procedure determined by the Company. If the customer’s personal information in our possession is incorrect, the customer may request that we correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correct, etc.”) his/her personal information in accordance with procedures prescribed by us.
- When the Company receives a request from a customer as described in the preceding paragraph and determines that it is necessary to respond to the request, the Company shall, without delay, notify the customer of the individual concerned and the individual’s name, address, telephone number, and other contact information.
- When we make corrections, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when we decide not to make corrections, etc., we will notify the customer without delay.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- When we receive a request from a customer to stop using or delete (hereinafter referred to as “stop using, etc.”) his/her personal information on the grounds that it has been handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it has been obtained by wrongful means, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay. If a request is made to suspend the use of personal information or to erase such information (hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use, etc.”) on the grounds that the information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that the information was obtained by wrongful means, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, we determine that it is necessary to comply with the request, we will suspend the use of the relevant personal information without delay.
- In the event of suspension of use, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or in the event of a decision not to suspend use, etc., the Company shall notify the customer of such decision without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, in cases where it is difficult to take alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the customer, such as when the suspension of use involves a large amount of cost or when it is otherwise difficult to take alternative measures, the Company shall take such alternative measures.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to the customer, except as otherwise provided by law or otherwise in this policy.
Article 10 (Contact for Inquiries)
For inquiries regarding the policy, please contact the following
Address: 2-8-8 Gofukumachi, Aoi-ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture
Company Name: Uoyo Co.
E-mail address: email@example.com